Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breakfast is EASY!

On the weekends, I make the whole family nice, hot breakfasts. During the week, I just don't have time to do that, nor do I have the desire to wake up earlier to make it happen. I find breakfast to be the easiest time to feed my kids easy, healthy foods, and I feel great knowing I'm sending them to school with a belly full of good nutrition.

I follow the same basic format for breakfast every morning - whole grain (bar, bread, cereal, etc.), fruit, and calcium/protein (yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.).

This morning, the kids had a Kashi Strawberry TLC bar, mango slices, and vanilla yogurt with a tiny drizzle of chocolate syrup (the kids think they are really getting a treat, when in reality it might be 1/4 teaspoon worth of chocolate). Three minutes = awesome breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! We are really big on whole grains and fruit in the morning. A toasted whole grain waffle with peanut butter and sliced banana is a favorite. And quick! And filling. I even toss one at my husband as he dashes out the door. And I also learned a long time ago just how far a tiny drizzle of chocolate syrup can get you!

    ReplyDelete