Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mmmmm....butter

Like any Paula Deen worshiping girl from the South, I sure do love some butter! There's nothing much better than a slice of fresh baked bread smothered in it. And I need real butter - not margarine (full of funky ingredients). To me, it tastes so much better and makes baked goods taste more authentic. The unfortunate part - butter is certainly not good for you...sigh. It also doesn't spread well unless you have it at room temperature or warm it up in the microwave first.

My solution? Land O' Lakes spreadable butter with olive oil. I do not claim this to be a product that you should indulge in regularly, but it is healthier than regular butter (45% less saturated fat), has more natural ingredients than margarine, and is easy to spread. They also make the same product with canola oil.

What butter products do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. stay away from margarine!!!!! it's chemical compositions is very close to plastic.

    ReplyDelete