Monday, October 4, 2010

Salads for lunch

My kids love salads! They are great to pack for lunches because you can fit so many yummy and healthy items in one container. I set out all of the items I had to choose from (sort of like a salad bar), and I let my kids pick out the items they wanted to include. That way, they felt some control over what they were eating, and they can vary their lunches all week if they want. Be careful in what dressing you chose - we always get lighter dressings and make sure there is no MSG.

Today's salad selections:
Grayson's salad - mixed greens, carrots, cucumbers, cheese, turkey pepperoni, , croutons, and sunflower seeds.
Harper's salad - mixed greens, grape tomatoes, craisins, cheese, carrots, croutons, sunflower seeds, and turkey pepperoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment