Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Annoying commercial #19



Pop-tarts are a breakfast staple in so many homes. I know I ate my fair share of them growing up. But realistically, these should be treated as a dessert and a not a food to start your day with. Two frosted blueberry Pop-tarts (which is how they are packaged, in twos) have 34 grams of sugar, 400 calories, 10 grams of fat, and a bunch of funky ingredients. A package of Twinkies would be about the same. Yes, Pop-tarts are easy, but a piece of whole grain toast with a little jam or a bowl of nutritious cereal is just as simple and a lot healthier.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy timing - I just blogged about Pop-Tarts after my son discovered their existence while we were on vacation. I 100% agree with your feelings on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for homemade pop-tarts, with real fruit instead of the fake stuff. Not too difficult to make, and MUCH healthier than boxed pop tarts!

    ReplyDelete