Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Improvements in packaged fruit!

We all know that the healthiest fruit is fresh fruit, but as the weather gets colder, good produce can become harder to find and more expensive. When packing my kids' lunches, I sometimes like to include those little plastic fruit cups. It has been hard to find many that weren't packed in syrup and covered in added sugar or artificial sweetener.

During my last trip to the grocery store, I noticed that Dole has a fantastic new selection of fruits packed in juice (I saw pineapple, peaches, tropical fruit, and pears - but it seems more are offered.). Big improvement! And yes, I'm still going to pick fresh fruit whenever I can, but these are a good alternative when you need it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I was so excited that Dole made these available to food service wholesalers too. I received some samples and they are rather tasty. The only drawback is that they are super expensive. :/ Still it is a great improvement!

    ReplyDelete