Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strawberries are BACK!

This time of year, there are plenty of signals to let us know warmer weather is just around the corner. One of my favorites is seeing strawberries on sale at the grocery store. This week, I found them for $2.00/quart (not organic - that is pretty hard to come by in this area, especially this time of year, unfortunately). My kids can easily go through a quart in a day, but I try to at least stretch one to two days.

Lunch - turkey & cheese on whole wheat, midget dill pickles, and STRAWBERRIES!


Strawberries are full of nutritional goodness. Did you know just one medium-sized strawberry contains 12% of the vitamin C you need in a day? They are easy to serve because all you have to do to prepare them is wash them well and remove the hull.

Now I can't wait to go pick local berries!

1 comment:

  1. I've been devouring strawberries recently and they're getting better and better tasting as the days go by.

    ReplyDelete