Friday, January 15, 2010

Giving this a shot!

After talking with my friend Stacie, I decided to start this blog. I know tons of parents have trouble getting their kids to eat well, so I hope sharing some of my ideas will help. I have a 6 year old son (Grayson) and a 3 year old daughter (Harper). They are both fantastic eaters, and will try anything. I will be posting the meals and snacks they eat, some recipes, and pictures of my healthy eaters!

I have a big problem with feeding kids "typical" kids food on a regular basis (fast food, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza, etc.). I like for my family to eat as pure and wholesome as possible, and we avoid added sugars, preservatives, artificial colors, etc. I believe that you are what you eat, and eating habits are established early in life. I want to send my kids out into the world with the best start possible so they won't always be fussing over their diet, weight, and cravings the rest of their lives. Don't get me wrong, they get treats...but I do my best to make them healthy as well as delicious!

I look forward to your comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment