Saturday, January 30, 2010

A snowed in, homecooked breakfast

We woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning, and it is still coming down! This puts me in the mood to cook! This morning I made...

Whole wheat pancakes 
(with 4-5 chocolate chips in them instead of syrup - normally I'd do soy nut butter, but it IS a snow day!)
Reduced fat bacon
"Fried" eggs (no oil or butter used)
Mango

Harper must be hitting a growth spurt, because she ate 4 pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon, an egg, and half a mango! More than her brother!

3 comments:

  1. I have a really good whole wheat pancake recipe I will send you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen whole wheat frozen pancakes? My kids eat frozen pancakes several times a week. I get the whole wheat frozen waffles, but I have never seen the whole wheat frozen pancakes at our store.

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have them locally that I can find Aimee. I will make up pancakes in large batches and freeze them to eat on weekedays.

    Apparently Aunt Jemina makes a version (http://www.auntjemimafrozen.com/products/pancakes.html)

    ReplyDelete