Saturday, June 12, 2010

Farmer's Market

I visited our local Farmer's Market this morning to see what produce was available locally so far...my garden and my dad's garden still has a few weeks before they will be ready.


There were several vendors out, including my friend Heather who runs Bees Knees Farm with her family. I got some zucchini and Romaine lettuce, as well as a vegetable I wasn't familiar with - patty pan squash. I look forward to trying those out!





If you haven't already, go check out your local Farmer's Market. You can get some fresh, locally grown produce (and maybe organic!) at a reasonable price, all while helping your local economy!

2 comments:

  1. Mom always called those squash 'simlins' or something similar. I never knew the real name! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I showed my granny the patty pan, she said they called them "simlins" too!

    ReplyDelete