Thursday, September 9, 2010

Addicted to popsicles

My name is Kelly, and I am addicted to making homemade popsicles. I am obsessed with coming up with new combinations to try out in my Progressive International PLP-1 Freezer Pop Maker mold! The kids aren't complaining.

Doesn't this one look delicious? Strawberry on top and orange creamsicle on the bottom, and not a drop of added sugar to either one! (The orange part is a whole orange, 100% orange juice, plain yogurt, and vanilla blended smooth.) When making these, just freeze the first half, then pour the second half on top and finish freezing. Very easy, and the kids think it is super cool.

Looks like my kiddos have it made in the shade here, doesn't it! Homemade popsicles, pool side! I made these for a big group of kids that came over with all the odds & ends fruits I had around - watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, banana, and orange juice. All fruit, no added sugar, and a nice treat on a hot day!

I'm going to experiment with making creamy/fudgy bars in the near future...like a pudding pop. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I made chocolate pudding pops this week, and they were so DELICIOUS! This is the pudding recipe I used:

    1/2 cup sucanat with honey* (or sugar)
    3 T. cocoa
    1/4. cup cornstarch (or 1/2. cup flour)
    1/8 t. salt
    2 3/4 c. milk
    2 T. butter
    1 t. vanilla

    Stir together dry ingredients. Stir in milk, and cook on medium heart, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add butter and vanilla.


    *Sucanat with honey is a sweetener made from the juice of the sugar cane. Mild honey is added to the juice of the sugar cane before the moisture is evaporated off. Although it is 97% sucrose, it contains all the molasses and many more solids than the heavily refined white sugar, which is pure sucrose.

    ReplyDelete