Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ramen - not just for college kids

When I think of ramen noodles, I think of the 3/$1 college kid meal filled with sodium, MSG, and other yucky ingredients. However, I recently discovered Dr. McDougall's ramen at my local grocery store, and decided to give it a try for the kids' lunches. They loved it! All I had to do was add water, heat in the microwave for under 2 minutes, and pour it in their thermoses. Grayson said it stayed hotter in his thermos than most other things (not sure why, but bonus!). You can see the vegetables in it, not just little dots of vegetable bits.

The ingredients list is straight forward and easy to pronounce! At $1.99 for one package, it was a lot more expensive than some other brands, but I believe that you get what you pay for.



No comments:

Post a Comment