Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another busy night, another quick dinner

April is our busiest month - Harper is in gymnastics and t-ball and Grayson is playing baseball and soccer. Have I mentioned  how much I rely on my crock pot??? Maybe I'm sounding like a broken record with these quickie recipes, but I don't know anyone who doesn't appreciate a hot, healthy meal that you can get on the table quickly.

Last night was something I normally call chicken spaghetti but I used penne pasta instead, so we'll just call it chicken penne pasta.

-1 pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 jar of pasta sauce (I prefer Prego Marinara) - as much as needed (I use about 3/4 of a jar)
-Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, etc.
-1 box pasta (as much as needed, I use about 3/4 of a box)
-Shredded Italian cheese (to taste)

Put the chicken breasts in crock pot, sprinkle with seasonings, cover with sauce, and cook on low. When it is time for dinner, prepare pasta according to directions. While this is cooking, shred chicken in pasta sauce. Drain pasta and mix with chicken sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve with a vegetable of your choice.

Presto! Dinner in about 15 minutes! One day soon, I will post a recipe that is actually time consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment