Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fruit snacks!

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a child that doesn't like those gummy little fruit snacks. They seem to practically have their own aisle at the grocery store these days! While these tend to be a kid favorite, most brands are nothing more than glorified candy filled with corn syrup, funky oils, and artificial colors. The snazzy characters on the box lure the little ones in and make you feel like the bad guy for saying no.

Annie's Homegrown is one of my favorite brands, and they make organic bunny fruit snacks that I feel good about giving my kids. Walmart has started carrying them, and while they are a little more expensive than the junky brands, the ingredients are quality and they have less sugar in them than most other brands. This is one parents and kids will both easily agree upon!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this brand yet. The one my boys liked for a while was Fruit a Bu. Now that my older son has braces, we're off the gummy-style fruit snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just as bad for teeth as any other brand. Should try to avoid any of these fruit snacks like this and just eat real fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't claim they were *good* for you or your teeth, but they are a lot better than the other kinds. My kids eat plenty of real fruit, so I don't mind them having a fun snack every now and then. I don't consider fruit snacks an every day food no matter what the brand.

    ReplyDelete