Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A snack for the road

If we are going to be in the car for any length of time, I try to pack snacks for everyone so we're not tempted to get junk food at convenience stores. For the times that just doesn't work out, I'm thankful for Disney Garden Foodles. They make several varieties of snacks with fruits and veggies - my kids love the one with apples, grapes, and cheese cubes. I'm not sure of all the stores that carry them, but all of the Sheetz stores I have been to have had them. These are pretty filling and could easily be used as lunch on the road. If anyone knows of other places that carry them, please comment so we'll know where to look when traveling!

2 comments:

  1. I love these snack packs, but I have not seen them in my stores around Austin, TX. It is these simple things that we can make ourselves or buy something like this...that we need to get back to doing instead of fast food on the road all the time.

    I found your blog and am enjoying it.

    Check mine out too @
    www.treatsandfeasts.com

    where I am blogging about similar things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target in Leesburg, VA carries them. It is a super Target with a grocery store inside.

    ReplyDelete