Friday, July 2, 2010

Grayson's favorite - beans & biscuits

Almost anytime I ask Grayson what he wants for dinner, he will answer beans & biscuits. I'm sure this recipe was invented by someone else long ago, but I still consider it a Kelly original. The measurements given below are my best guest...I'm an eyeballer.

Recipe:
1 lb ground beef - browned, drained, and rinsed
1/2 diced onion
1 large can Bush's Baked Beans (I get vegetarian)
3 tablespoons bbq sauce
Chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
2 cups biscuit dough, whatever recipe you would normally use, but add enough milk to pour (I use Jiffy mix and add milk)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all but last 2 ingredients together and pour in a 8x8 casserole dish. Add a layer of cheese then poor biscuit mixture on top and spread evenly. Bake until brown on top. I won't declare this to be the healthiest meal I make, but it is a hit, and there is plenty of room for variations.













1 comment:

  1. It's like shephard's pie!! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete