Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lunch on the easy side

Packing lunches for your kids doesn't have to be time consuming and hard. I love reading blogs featuring Bento-style lunches, and I'm envious of the parents who put those together for their kids. But most of the time, I just don't have the time to be that creative.

Being pressed for time doesn't mean you have to be pressed for healthy food. This lunch (turkey and cheese on whole wheat, baby carrots, and strawberries) took me no more than 5 minutes to make, and my son loved it.

The Bento-style lunch boxes, such as the EasyLunchbox system, are still a fantastic option for the mom who isn't putting together a fancy lunch. They are great for holding a lot of food with only one package to keep up with.  I've noticed a couple of things about these that I really like - they don't get spotty in my dishwasher like many plastic containers and I don't have to struggle to get the lids on or off (they fit like you want them too).

Don't forget to sign up for the EasyLunchbox giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment