Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shucking corn

Last night we had another fresh from the garden favorite - corn on the cob! My kids both really like it, and my dad always grows plenty of it. Tonight, I got the kids to shuck the corn for me to prepare for dinner. I love to involve them in any way I can, and this is an easy task.

A worm! Harper is obsessed with bugs, so this was a cool find for her. No worries, we cut it off and used the rest of the ear of corn.





Cooking corn on the cob is about as easy as it gets. I put it on a plate, cover it with plastic wrap, and microwave it for 5 minutes. You could also boil or grill it, but this is my go-to method on week nights. Add a small amount of butter when it is done, and you've got a yummy side dish that the kids were able to help with.

No comments:

Post a Comment