Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trying something new

My husband took the kids to a family night at our local farmer's market over the weekend (I was enjoying a girl's weekend at the beach...yay me!), and found a new melon to try while he was there - the Crenshaw melon. Now this may be completely familiar to many of you, but it was a first for us. I think I've seen one before, but never tried it.

In case you've never had one, it tastes like a super sweet cantaloupe. The kids loved it, and Grayson says it is his new favorite fruit! You can't argue with a fruit that has 100% of Vitamin A and 80% of Vitamin C in 3.5 ounces!

Cut up melon is also a great fruit to include in a healthy lunch, as shown here with a turkey, reduced-fat provolone, and spinach sandwich and cucumber slices with vinegar. Don't be afraid to try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment