Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A commercial that DOESN'T annoy me!

It is only fair that I post a positive commercial from time to time. Sure, we should avoid drinking bottled water because it is better for the environment, but I'm still digging the message behind this commercial. They have a newer commercial out now that talks about how water is better than any beverage, including those with HFCS. I like that one even more, but I couldn't find it on youtube yet.



Most kids (or adults) aren't going to chose water as their first beverage of choice. My theory is, if they are thirsty enough they will drink it! Then it becomes a habit and a way of life that will stick with them forever. Good habits are easier learned young.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for water! I don't like the idea of bottled water either, but if you can find a place that sells one that tastes great, buy in bulk, recycle the plastic, and buy a stainless steel water bottle. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I think very few children now drink ACTUAL water. We are HUGE water drinkers, and my kids actually ask for it over sodas, juice, etc. Our friends think my kids are weird! How sad is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid my dad used to put a pitcher of water in the fridge overnight with some cucumber and grapefruit slices in it. The next day it was the most refreshing beverage in the world, for kids and adults. And good for you, too!

    ReplyDelete