Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A kid favorite - chicken nuggets

My friend Stephanie has made some healthy changes in her family's diet, with excellent results! Her son has lost a little weight, has calmed down in his behavior, and is eating new foods. I love to hear these stories! Stephanie just shared a recipe with me, and I wanted to share it with you.

From Stephanie:
Cole loves chicken tenders, so I tried this recipe and it is AWESOME. He eats them up as if they were bad for him. LOL! 

I think all kids (and most grown ups too!) love chicken nuggets/fingers/tenders, so if you can find a way to make them healthier than the traditional breaded and fried, you are most certainly going to have a winner! The recipe Stephanie shared is great because it uses almonds (healthy fats, protein, and fiber!) as well as whole wheat flour, and they are baked.  Plus, you're avoiding the processed junk you get with frozen nuggets.

I bet this recipe would work well to bake a big batch and then freeze to heat up as needed.

P.S. This Web site looks like it has tons of great meal ideas. Thanks for sharing Stephanie!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment